Solved - Outlook Error 0x8004010f - Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed
Mailbox items are stored in the Offline Storage Table when the user uses MS Outlook connected to the Exchange server. If the Exchange server is working slowly or there are some technical issues, then this file is crucial as the user can continue working with the OST file without any inconvenience and any modifications the user make is automatically merged with their Exchange account. However, the user can face issues while trying to use their Exchange mailbox items and the reason behind the error could be a faulty synchronization between Exchange and Outlook or it could also be because of an issue with the OST file. This blog will guide you on the error 0x8004010F and why the Outlook data file cannot be accessed and how to fix it.
What Are The Reasons Behind The Outlook Error 0x8004010F?
An OST file can be damaged because of various factors such as virus attacks, human errors, exceeding the size or damage because of an accidental shutdown. These are some of the most common reasons behind the error and the user can receive a message while receiving or sending emails "0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed". The user can face a problem while synchronizing the offline address book. Downloading the OAB files or while receiving or sending. We have listed a few causes which can cause errors:
- Modification in the location of the OST file on the machine you use.
- Wrong configuration or incorrect settings of Outlook profile.
- Incorrect configuration of the OST file.
- After upgrading, copying the previous OST file used in the previous Outlook version.
The above errors could hinder you from receiving or sending any emails so we recommend you solve the problem at the earliest.
How Can You Fix The Outlook Errors?
You could fix the Outlook errors by applying various ways mentioned below, however, these methods are applicable only to Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013.
- Make a New Profile
If you think the error is because of a corrupted Outlook profile so make sure you fix the error. You need to look for the current location and create a new Outlook profile on your screen. Below we mentioned the steps to create a new Outlook profile.
- STEP 1 is to locate the Outlook data file and open the control panel and click on the mail.
- The outlook dialog box will open, then click show profiles and select your current Outlook profile.
- The next step is to click on the properties and open the Outlook dialog and click on Data files.
- Open the Account settings and click on the Data files tab and make a note of the location and name of the default Outlook Profile. You can close and exit.
- STEP 2 is to create a new Outlook profile and open the control panel.
- The next step is to open the Outlook dialog box and click on show profiles.
- You can select your current profile and then click on Add.
- You will open the 'Add New Account' dialog box and mention all your email information and after the configuration completes, click on Finish.
- STEP 3 is to configure the new Outlook profile as the default profile.
- Open the control panel and the mail setup Outlook dialog box will open. Click on show profiles and select the new profile.
- The last step is to click OK.
- Unable To Create A New Outlook Profile
If you have multiple accounts in Outlook, then creating a new profile in Outlook might not be easy. Below we have mentioned the method to solve the OST file error 0x8004010F:
- Open the account settings and click Change folder and you adjust the size by clicking the + sign.
- Create a temporary folder by clicking on the new folder option and rename it and press OK.
- The next step is to select the folder and click OK and the new folder will appear on the message delivery location.
- Move the temporary folder back to the original location and press on Change folder option.
- Click OK on the selected inbox and close the account settings.
- The last step is to click on receive or send.
If you have tried every step and none of the methods work, then there might be OST corruption and to fix it you need to convert it to PST format. You can opt for a reliable and safe OST to PST converter by AxBlaze and fix the error.